Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Alpha Legion Saboteur Model

I decided to do a little bit of a kit-bash conversion to attempt to create an Alpha Legion Saboteur for my Alphas. 

This one uses resin parts from the Forge World Master of Signals (arms, head, back pack), devastator space marines (legs), betrayal at Calth bits (shoulder pads, melta bomb) and a random bit from a tank attached to the thigh. This last bit is supposed to be a representation of the dreaded Combat Augment Array, to create the nasty auto-tank destruction combo that the Alpha Legion is capable of executing

The only ingredient missing is the cameleoline. To be honest, I'm not that bothered about this, as I will simply paint up the miniature in camo colours (or dark blues and blacks at minimum) to give the suggestion of a marine who is trying to be sneaky.

At the same time, I also wanted this miniature to be viable as a Master of Signals. I think this has been fulfilled nicely! Note also the base is a 32mm one -- I bought a stack of these recently from Bitz Box which proved cheaper than the Games Workshop online store retail price for those interested and in the UK.

Overall, I'm happy with how this one has turned out!




5 comments:

The GunGrave said...

Looks great! I'm thinking of doing a saboteur as well, this has given me some good ideas! Looking forward to seeing it painted

jabberjabber said...

Glad its given you some ideas :)
Painting may take a little while longer though. I'm considering whether to do black, or metallic blue for this guy - or some combination thereof.

Unknown said...

Combat array is opponents permission, and no, you don't have permission to blow up a tank of your choice automatically.

jabberjabber said...

Yes -- I'm fully aware of that, thanks "Unknown". As is a certain friend of mine. If indeed "unknown" is your real name! ;-)

jabberjabber said...

I should also confess that this model was assembled prior to the Jan 2016 FAQ being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries