Sunday, October 9, 2011

Assembled Finecast Changeling

Having assembled the finecast Changeling, a number of issues present themselves.  Although I previously noted the warped staff, heating it back in to a linear shape has proved very difficult.  I might have another go or two at it, but I think I'm simply resolved to leaving it as is. 

The mould lines on the miniature were actually a sinch to trim away.  But, there were a few further finecast mis-casts that I didn't spot when I bought the miniature, particularly the lower portions of the billowing robes and the underside of one of the arms.  Whilst I'm not happy about the quality, they're simple enough to deal with and (/ or) ignorable enough that a semi-decent paint job will disguise their presence.  So, I might just proceed directly to the paining stage now.

3 comments:

oni said...

Personally, I wouldn't stand for it. Especially not at the prices they charge. Call and complain to GW customer service and get a new one. They need to and should know where/what issues they're having so they can be addressed.

John Lambshead said...

I agree with Oni. At the price, manufacturing faults are not acceptable. Send it back.

jabberjabber said...

You're dead right. Thanks guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries