Saturday, February 26, 2011

What are embedded in plague marine shoulders?

These shoulder pads are from the Forge World conversion kit for plague marines.  The observant will notice that they contain three embedded spheres, each of which has holes in them.  They seem to be poking out of the shoulder pad, causing cracks where they protrude.

My question for today is this: what are they?!?!  I've seen them on other Death Guard related miniatures, such as Typhus, but I'm just not sure what they're supposed to be?  Nests for the destroyer hive critters?  Or something else?  Opinions welcome!

6 comments:

Porky said...

Maybe they've been playing school sports or practising golf, but just a little too violently. They look like those hollow training balls.

Fridge said...

They look more as if protuding than being embedded. I'd bet those things are pustules...

CounterFett said...

I always figured they were the destroyer hives.

Now that I look at it though, they look like the shape sorting toys my son had when he was a baby.

Unknown said...

I think they're meant to be censers for water or incense, like the Dark Angel and Black Templar upgrade sprues have. I think the idea is they emit foul smoke or form hives for flies.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Delusion. I have been painting a bit of Nurgle stuff recently and seen this every where. The fluff for the Death Guard had the Primarch huffing fumes from different censers. These balls in the shoulder pads, and back of the Terminator kits seem to suggest censers that emit fumes/toxins. Particularly on the Terminators - they replace the standard exhaust vents.

José Fabián said...

might be eyes as in this one http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/DREADNOUGHTS/DEATH-GUARD-DREADNOUGHT.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries