Friday, November 27, 2009

Dynamic Necron

I have been exploring some "dynamic" conversions lately and got messing around with a plastic necron. I feel that Necrons have some of the most static poses in Warhammer 40,000, so I wanted to see if I could communicate a bit more dynamism by making as few conversions / clippings (etc.) as possible, without resorting to making the base the primary feature.

This is the result. The only conversion work that I've done here is to clip the right leg off at the hip and re-position it so that it stretches out behind the miniature (rather than the usual "two feet on the ground" necron pose). The second step was to glue the arms in an unusual place -- above the head. These two things combined results in a very dramatic pose. It positively looks like this necron is sprinting along! Either that, or he's just tripped himself up and is about to fall face first in to the dirt!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving your Necrons. I hope they get the new codex they deserve,

jabberjabber said...

I'd almost be tempted to assemble a small necron force, just to get away from daemons and chaos marines once in a while! I originally bought this box of warriors simply to make some bionic parts out of them :)

Kuffeh said...

He looks funky. I have a link to some converted Necrons. Not really dynamic, but taller and look much better than the squatting ones out the box:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/completed-tutorials/182829-walking-necrons-pic-heavy.html

Tristan M said...

I think he looks like he's about to club someone over the head with his rifle, definitely not a standard necron pose! :)

Anton said...

lol fall flat on his face, golden!

necrons, with what I understand of the fluff I'd say they are suppossed to be static, however making them a little more differant to the other 19 in the unit is a good idea, I like the idea of part blown out of them to represent the "I'll be back" rule

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries