Friday, October 23, 2009

Finished Soul Grinder

It took a while to paint (and then to photograph and post!), but here is the finished soul grinder.As can be seen, I've generally stuck to the Khorne themed Soul Grinder throughout the painting scheme. I started with the legs some time ago in a red colour with magma / lava like highlights. Having inked the torso of this chap, I then set about gently highlighting each ridge line progressively lighter. The brightest tone on the torso reaches about blazing orange.

For the (pneumatic?) piping, I went with a contrasting green colour that can be seen at the joints of the soul grinder. The sword follows the bloodletter style of my daemons in a fiery manner. The texture of the sword doesn't take too well to this painting style though -- I had trouble trying to get this looking right. Other small details included the facial region (eyes, mouth, etc.) and highlighting the black claws with boltgun metal and silver colours to suggest long service wear and tear.

Overall, this has been a good project and one that I would repeat. However, if and when I get another soul grinder, I shall probably use a completely different paint scheme, just for variation.

3 comments:

harreh said...

Impressive! It all came together really nicely, I would not want to meet him on the battlefield. Nice work on the freehand on the legs too!

MIK said...

I've always been impressed with this model and you've done it justice with your paintjob, kudos...

oni said...

Awesome job. I love the Soulgrinder model.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries