Friday, October 30, 2009

Chaos Objective

This is one of a small number of chaos objectives that I built a while ago for use in games. I can't say it's very original in design or execution, but it does fulfil a dual role in both of my chaos space marine and chaos daemons armies.

It is principally an icon taken from the new plastic bloodletters sprue, affixed to a small circular base, and given a (very) rough paint job with a chaos star icon. It works, it is functional (i.e. it doesn't tip over readily) and represents the theme of my armies well. However, I'm now looking for better ideas for chaos objectives. I'm thinking along the lines of a roughly carved stone (styrene) with a chaos symbol etched in to it -- a little like what was depicted in the old Realms of Chaos books. I'll have to get around to it at some point! Anybody got any further suggestions as to what might work well for objectives in both daemons and chaos marine armies?

4 comments:

Cawshis Clay said...

Besides the chaos stand-bys of piles of corpses and corrupted land, I'd suggest altars, defiled statues, plunder (like peasant models for slaves or slaughter) and chaos warp holes. The last one is probably the most difficult, but I'd love to see you do it!

jabberjabber said...

Chaos Warp Holes?!! Now that sounds like a challenge :-)

Tristan M said...

For the warp hole, maybe just take a large circular base and flock the edges and paint the warp hole in the middle?

As for other ideas, maybe a guardsman or marine being tortured/sacrificed?

jabberjabber said...

Thanks Tristan! I might give the warp hole idea a try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries